A resume is synopsis of your experiences and skills in the field of work that you are entering. It shows your achievements and skills to prove a potential employer that you have the right skill set and experience for the job. Although resumes are very important part of your career, however the main hurdle to create a good resume is that it’s hard to make a resume that highlights your skills without being over ostentatious (showy).
In such cases a resume template can come very handy because it is tailor made as per the jobs requirement and skill sets. Basically, Resume Templates are certain resume formats and layouts made by experts that can help you to make good resumes in the shortest possible time. All you have to do is to fill in your relevant details in the fields and you are all set to go to a job interview.
Benefits of Using Resume Templates:
Resume templates have many benefits and some of them are as follows:
- Resume templates are designed by experts so they are as per the Corporate Standards.
- They can help you to make your custom resumes in shortest possible time.
- Making your resume becomes very easy by using resume templates.
- They are free of cost.
Microsoft word also has many stock resume templates that you can use to create your own resumes. But the resume templates that you can find in Microsoft word are very much limited and hence later in the post I will be sharing packages of Free Resume Templates for Microsoft Word.
How to use an existing Microsoft Word Resume Template:
If your computer is not connected to internet then you will only be able to use the stock/default Resume templates that come with MS Word. So, for using the default templates follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft word.
- Click the “Office Button” select the “New” option.
- Now a “New Document” window will open, Select the “Installed Templates” option.
- And then select any Resume template, and click the create button.
- Now you can easily make the changes in the resume template that you selected in your browser as per your requirement.
- Finally Save the Document and your resume is ready.
If your computer is connected to internet then you will be able to browse the office online library for the most suitable resume templates. So, for using this follow the below steps:
- Open Microsoft word.
- Click the “Office Button”, select the “New” option.
- Now a “New Document” window will open, Scroll down and you will see an option named “Resumes and CV’s” select it.
- Now Microsoft word will show you few categories to choose the resume template from. Select the category that is best suited for your requirements and then select your resume template.
- Make the desired changes and save the resume.
Bonus Tip – Free C.V. Templates for Microsoft Word:
As a bonus tip here we are offering you a collection of 170 C.V. Templates. You will find these templates very useful for designing your own resumes. The collection consists of Resume templates for different job profiles like Banking, I.T., Teaching, Administrative, Marketing, Corporate Sector and many more.
Download Link: [Free Resume Templates for Microsoft Word]
How to use these resume templates in Microsoft word:
To use these templates is easy; simply open these templates to the word templates directory at
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
And after this to use them, simply click the “New” option in Word and select “My templates”, choose the resume template that you want to work with and it’s all done.