Playing android games is a great entertainment activity. The android community is quite big and you will find many interesting games for android which are not available on Windows. Right from the day when I started playing android games, I also wanted to have these games on my pc. And today in this post I will write about few ways by which you can play android games on pc.
Having and playing android games on your pc has may benefits like:
- It doesn’t cost you your mobile battery.
- If you are downloading some new game form pc then you can test that game first and then transfer it to your phone.
- Personally, I find playing games on pc much easier with keyboard and mouse support.
- Playing games on a much wider screen gives you a better experience.
- If you have a habit playing games on a touch screen phone then you should know that this can make your touch screen less responsive. Most of the time while playing games when we are in some critical situation during the gameplay, we tend to press the screen harder and this is not good for a touch screen phone. So playing games on a pc is a much better option.
- This gives you an added advantage as you can play android games even if you don’t own an android phone.
Now without wasting much of your time I will directly jump to the topic, below is a list of ways or rather applications that allow you to play android games on computer.
Playing Android games on PC via Bluestack:
Bluestack is a simple application for windows operating system, this app allows you to play android apps or games on windows. It acts as an interface between the windows and android apps.
The software uses LayerCake technology to covert the ARM compatible android games so that they can be played seamlessly on the 32 bit platform. It also has advanced capabilities to use pc’s graphics card to run some of the high definition games having high quality graphics.
When you install this software it will install certain games (like: fruit ninja) by default. You can test these games to check the performance of these games on your pc. Bluestack also offers a cloud connect feature which lets you to transfer your apps from pc to phone.
You can download Bluestack from here.
Play Android games on PC via Android SDK Emulator:
Android Software development kit has a stock emulator that lets you a test your android apps on Windows. You can use this emulator to run android games on your pc. For this you need to install the android sdk on your computer and then only you can take the advantage of android emulator.
Read this tutorial for android sdk installation: here
Playing Android games on YouWave:
YouWave is an application similar to Bluestack it also allows you to run your android apps on Windows XP/Vista/7 both 32 and 64 bit.
Apart from the regular capabilities, YouWave also allows you to save the games in between the gameplay. It also has some advanced capabilities like Dynamic rotating, multi player gaming online and volume control buttons.
The only point that goes against this application is that it is not a free application. But nevertheless you can try it for 7 days before buying.
You try this application from here.
Run Android games on PC via Live Android:
Live Android is a LiveCD image that allows you to run android apps inside virtualization.
Actually the liveCD image is a Google Android operating system in an iso image. All you need to do is simply burn this image on a disc and then boot your computer from that disk. After the reboot your system will be running on Android and you can run all the android apps on your pc.
Check out this app at official website: http://code.google.com/p/live-android/
If you know any other ways to run android apps or games on pc then do let us know.