LG has intensified the low cost smartphone battle in-between the mobile phone giants like HTC, Samsung by launching LG Optimus L3 E400 an entry level Android Smartphone. I will be skipping its specifications, features and will quickly jump onto our topic on “How to Root LG Optimus L3 E400”. The best feature of this smartphone is its cost which is around $150 or Rs.7949. I may not be wrong in quoting that its really going to give a tough challenge to other low cost Android smartphones which have been recently launched in market like Samsung Galaxy Y, Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, and LG Optimus Me P350.
Before rooting your phone, you must go through the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting that have been mentioned in this article. I have also listed some of them here.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Rooting gives you full control of the phone.
- Rooting gives you the ability to change system files like Themes, Core Apps (maps, calendar, clock, etc)
- Rooting enables you to run special apps like Tether Apps.
- Rooting enables you to back up your data using apps.
- Rooting also enables you to transfer your browser cache to SD Card from Phone Memory.
- Rooting also enables you to transfer your installed apps to SD Card from Phone Memory.
Disadvantages of Rooting:
- Rooting voids the warranty of your expensive device. Please think multiple times before going for rooting as in case of any unfortunate event your device would not be protected under warranty and you might have to bear the expenses of repair, etc. If you don’t worry about warranty or in case your warranty is going to expire soon then please go ahead with rooting.
- If you root your device then you would not be able to get OTA (Over The Air) free software upgrade, although you could upgrade your software independently using apps and other programs after rooting.
- Rooting might result in Bootlooping. In Bootlooping your phone boots or reboots continuously. To get rid of this you could either restore back to your factory settings or else you could to do a Stock ROM.
- Bricking is another drawback of Rooting. Bricking means your phone will be completely non-functional. Although all rooting procedures do not lead to bricking. However in case the rooting procedure is very complex then there are considerable chances of getting your phone bricked.
How to Root LG Optimus L3 E400
Before rooting your phone please ensure that you have fulfilled below listed prerequisites:
- Please take a back up of your applications using any File Managing Tool.
- Also take a back up of all files stored on your phone and SD Card memory card including contacts, SMS, MMS, music, videos, etc before proceeding as Rooting will delete all your data.
- Ensure that USB drivers are installed on the computer from where you are going to root LG Optimus L3 E400.
- In order to do a faster rooting please disable antivirus and firewall on your computer.
Steps to Root LG Optimus L3 E400:
Please follow below steps to root your device.
- If you are using Window OS then please download the rooting script from here.[http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_windows.zip]
- Else if you are using Linux OS then please download rooting script from here. [http://vulnfactory.org/public/spectrum_root_linux_osx.zip]
- After download is successful extract the zipped files into a folder and save it on your computer. Please take a note of the location of the extracted files.
- Now connect your mobile phone to computer. Please note that USB Debugging should be enabled on your device. Please navigate to Settings > Application > Development and make sure if USB Debugging is checked.
- If you are using Windows OS then please run the file that says <run.bat>. If you are using Linux OSX then please run the file with name <run.sh> using the terminal.
- Please note that this will take some time (5-10 minutes) so please don’t reboot your phone.
- Your phone will be automatically rebooted after the rooting is done successfully.
- After this reboot disconnect you phone from the computer.
- Now turn off USB Debugging of your LG Phone.
Disclaimer: Please note that Rooting is not legal in all countries and hence Geek Revealed does not support it. The article is simply written for the informational purpose and it is suggested that users should not use it.
Geek Revealed is not responsible for any damage to your device that might be caused because of this rooting process although the possibility of any damage is negligible. Please try this at your own risk.
This was all about Rooting LG Optimus L3 E400. Drop in your feedback or queries in the comments section below.