UAC stands for User Account Control. UAC is feature in windows that helps to prevent any unauthorized changes to your computer. UAC does this by asking permissions before performing any actions that could possibly affect your computer. As a feature it seems to be good but sometimes you will feel it to be quiet annoying. For example if you are the computer administrator and even to do some simple task (like changing a setting) you will have to face this UAC confirmation in such situations it really irks. So, In this post I will show you how to put UAC off in Windows 8.
Method 1: To turn off UAC in Windows 8 :
In this method I will be guiding you to turn of the UAC in Windows 8 in a step by step manner. The step by step procedure for this is described as under:
- From the Metro UI on windows 8, open the “Control Panel”.
- After this scroll down to the “More Settings” option and click it.
- Now select the “User Accounts and Family Safety” option.
- On “User Accounts and Family Safety” window, open the “User Accounts Link”.
- Next, click the link that says “Change User Account Control Settings”.
- Now a User Account Control Setting window will appear as shown here move the slider downwards to the last level and click the “OK” button.
- On clicking “OK” system will again prompt a UAC dialog click yes and now UAC will be disabled completely for all the users.
Method 2: To turn off UAC in Windows 8 via Registry Hacks:
If the above method hasn’t worked for you then here I will be telling you a simpler and easier method for turning off UAC in Windows 8. In this Method we are going to disable UAC via registry. All you need to do is to open registry editor and then change the value of UAC key to false. The step by step procedure for this is described as under:
- First of all press Win+R, this will open a “RUN” window, in the run window enter “regedit” (without quotes) and hit enter.
- This will open a registry editor for you, here you have to navigate to the below specified path.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows >> CurrentVersion >> Policies >> System
- On performing this task you will see a window as shown in the image, here search for the “EnableUA” key, after you have found this key, right click it and select the modify option.
- After clicking the “Modify” option a new window as shown above will appear, on this window change the “Value data” to 0. Here “1″ stands for enabling UAC while “0″ stands for disabling it. Click the “OK” button and its done.
- Now restart your system and you will notice that the annoying UAC pop-ups are gone.