Today in this tutorial I am going to guide you on how to change Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, iPod and iTunes Desktop.
I hope you all would be familiar enough with Apple ID. For a newbie an Apple ID is more or less same to your Identity Card. Just as you use your identity card to request access to buildings, etc in the same way Apple ID allows you to access App Store to download apps, iTunes downloads and much more.
App Store strictly requires an Apple ID for logging in and further usage and it is usually assigned to the email ID you originally used to sign up for them.
Before heading onto the process of changing Apple ID, the first question that would arise is that why would someone really need to change Apple ID.
Reasons for changing Apple ID
You might be surprised to know that all Apple App Stores are not treated equally; it often happens that Multinational App Stores have different set of rules and guidelines that would control the availability of certain apps. In other words it means that it does happen that an app (like Google Voice) which is available in US Apple App Store is not available for UK users at UK App Store. Instead of cursing your country’s app store there is still a way to bypass the limitations and it requires using a new Apple ID.
How to change Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, iPod?
You will be amazed to know that iOS based devices support using different Apple IDs on a single device. All you need to do is to just follow below steps:
- Go to App Store using your device to check your Apple ID, if you already know it then please skip this step and move forward to Step 2.
- Press “Home” Button on your iPhone /iPad /iPod.
- Open “Setting” by tapping the icon.
- Now, navigate to the “Store” and tap to open it.
- Please “Sign Out” if you have already signed in.
- After signing out two options would be available:
- Sign In
- Create New Apple ID.
- Now select “Create New Apple ID” using an email address and a password.
- After adding email address and password, you will be asked to select a specific country for App Store.
- Please select this very carefully as this is the single most important step of creating a new Apple ID. Select the country in which App Store has your desired app.
- After this you will be prompted for some security questions etc after adding remaining details your new Apple ID is created and you are ready to explore the new Apps of your New Apple App Store.
How to change Apple ID on iTunes at Desktop?
Please note that the process of changing Apple ID on devices operated on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod) is entirely different to changing Apple ID on iTunes at your Desktop. In other words, if you are using a computer to access iTunes using a full sized keyboard, then you can not only change your Apple ID but you will also be able to change email address, billing information and remaining stuff by just launching iTunes on your desktop.
Please follow below steps to change Apple ID on iTunes at your desktop:
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on “Store” on the menu bar.
- Click on “View my account”. You will be able to see your current country settings on this page.
- Now go to http://appleid.apple.com for your Apple ID management.
- Once the applet is open , you will get an option to create a new Apple ID. The process would be very easy as you just need to put relevant information.
- Please note that you have to add a different email id which is not linked to your existing Apple ID.
- Next most important thing is to select a different country. Please note that country that you have to select while creating a new Apple ID should be same as of the Country whose App Store is having your desired App.
- After adding remaining details your new Apple ID will be created and you are ready to explore the new Apps of your New Apple App Store.
This is all about how to change apple id on your on iPhone, iPad, iPod and iTunes Desktop. I hope you will not be facing any problems in id creation if you have followed all the steps mentioned above correctly. Do share with us if you have any issues or comments.