Facebook Timeline is one of the latest experimentation which facebook has been doing these days. There are many people which are not happy with this feature because it makes your profile page crappy. Also facebook has not provided any option to disable this feature as a part of settings. Today I am going to share a trick to undo facebook timeline by disabling it in the browser. It should be noted that adopting this trick will only disable the timeline feature on your system, but others will be able to view your timeline.
Logic behind this trick:
Actually facebook timeline is not compatible with old browsers like Internet explorer 6 or 7, this means that if you use these browsers for opening facebook then the Timeline feature will be disabled. However in case you have upgraded your browsers, then don’t worry because in this trick we will fool facebook to think as if you are using it on some older browser by changing the browser compatibility.
How to Remove Facebook Timeline on Google Chrome:
Chrome users should follow these steps to disable facebook time lines on their profiles.
- Go to desktop and find the Google chrome icon there
- Right click the chrome icon and open the “Properties”.
- In the properties window, navigate to “Shortcut” Tab and in the target field textbox append the below specified code after the path which is present there.
- Code For Windows 7 and Vista users:
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
for example C:\Users\Ankit \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
- Code For Windows XP users:
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
for example C:\Users\Ankit \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
- Now click on the “Apply” button and then click “OK”
- Now Open the browser and login to facebook and enjoy the old facebook profile layout.
How to Remove Facebook Timeline on Firefox:
Firefox users can undo facebook timeline more easily, all they have to do is to download an add-on and then configure it.
- Open your firefox browser and then download the “USER AGENT SWITCHER” add on.
- Install the add-on and restart firefox.
- After installing, check “User Agent Switcher” button available in “Navigation bar”, if it is not present there then simply right click on the “navigation bar” and click “Customize” and drag and drop the “User Agent Switcher” add-on there.
- Now click the “User Agent Switcher” Button present in the “Navigation bar” and choose the option “Internet Explorer 7”.
- Now when you logon to your facebook profile you won’t find the irritating timeline.
Some readers have reported that the above mentioned tricks are not working now, so I am sharing a new trick to undo facebook timeline. The main idea behind this trick is that there is a script that simply modifies the CSS the of a Facebook page on your browser. With this I mean that others will be able to see your Facebook profile as it is (with the timeline), but on your browser you can see the profiles in the older look (without timeline).
For this all you have to do is to install a greesemonkey script on chrome and then restart your browser after restarting your browser you will be able to see your profile without timeline. The process is queit simple no configurations or settings are required. Once installed it will take care of all the things by itself.
I know many of you may be thinking that its not useful, but this is useful for the people who are frustrated with the Facebook timeline and want to get rid of it.
Update 2 [Latest One]:
Just wanted to share a recent update with you guys on how to undo Facebook timeline. This method is very simple and you don’t need any additional knowledge to do it. Follow the below steps to undo Facebook timeline:
- Simply Visit the website: http://www.timelineremove.com
- Now from this site download the timeline disabling extension. This extension supports most of the famous browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and IE.
- After installing the extension simply restart the browser and you are ready to see your Facebook profile without timeline feature.
- For more details regarding the installation or un-installation of the add-on you can visit this page.