Before heading onto our topic about Chrome Session Restore I would like to ask few questions to you:What happens if you accidently close your internet browser ? What happens when your internet browser crashes?
Well! If you don’t know then let me tell you that you need not worry in both the cases as in most of the internet browsers there is a provision for restoring your last browsing session. However the problem occurs if you are using Google Chrome. Unfortunately, there is no such option in Google chrome. So if you were in middle of some very important office work and you accidently closed Chrome Session then it has gone for a toss and you can not restore it.
Today in this article I am going to guide you on how to do session restore on chrome whenever you accidently close your browser. Honestly, there is not any hack or rocket science required to do this, its a very simple trick.
Steps to do Restore a Session on Chrome
Please follow below steps to restore Chrome Session.
- First of all you need to create a desktop icon for chrome and to do this please navigate to its install directory.
- After navigating to Chrome Install Directory, do a right click on the chrome executable file.
- Now select the option that says “Send it to desktop”.
- After creating the shortcut, navigate back to your Desktop.
- Now rename this shortcut to “Chrome – Recovery Mode”
- After renaming the shortcut, Right click on the icon and go to properties.
- In the properties go to the shortcut tab.
- After going to Shortcut tab go to “Target” field, position your cursor at the end of the line and add a space and type “-restore-last-session” without the double quotes.
- Click “OK” and you are done.
So, next time you accidently close your browser or in case it crashes then simply open chrome from that icon and it will do a chrome session restore.
Drop in your feedback or queries in the comments section below.